Boulder iJournal wishes to provide a safe and inclusive platform for lively and intelligent discussions on issues relevant to our local and global communities. Please follow the guidelines below when participating in debate and comment on any page of our site.
- Debate and dissent are welcome, but personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual) will not be tolerated. The key to maintaining the Boulder iJournal website as an inviting space is to focus on intelligent discussion of topics.
- We acknowledge criticism of the articles we publish, but will distinguish between constructive, focused argument and smear tactics.
- We understand that people often feel strongly about issues debated on the site, but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening. Please respect other people's views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
- We reserve the right to redirect or curtail conversations which descend into flame-wars based on ingrained partisanship or generalizations. We don't want to stop people discussing topics they are enthusiastic about, but we do ask users to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel divisive, threatening or toxic to others.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such. We recognize the difference between criticizing a particular government, organization, community or belief and attacking people on the basis of their race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libelous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
- We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like.
- Off-topic posts may be removed, in order to keep the thread on track.
- Please notify us of potential problems. Utilize the "Report Abuse" buttons to help keep our comment threads inviting places for discussion and debate.